Don't you find, like me, that you think of some great rules to follow for the year, only to break them come February.
Well this year, I'm keeping it simple.
There's just one rule — spend more time on my feet.
Here are my five steps for 2018 — what about you?
- Carve out some time every day for myself — even if it is just 10 or 15 minutes — for any activity I like, such as yoga, walking, jogging or tai chi.
- Find ways to get my heart rate up. Stand instead of sitting, climb stairs instead of taking the lift, walk instead of driving.
- I'll plan ahead and think about the kind of physical activity I'll do the next day.
- When I'm sitting at a desk during the day, I'll walk around regularly or use a standing desk.
- I'll park my car at a distance when I go shopping or out for a coffee.